Thursday, August 7, 2008

Couldn't You Have Told Us Sunday??

sometimes i hate my job...
Bath and Body Works does floor sets on Sunday nights. I did one this Sunday and didn't get home until 2:00 AM. then i went into my 7 am job. i also worked monday night at bath and body. Tuesday i worked at my dad's from 7-4 again. not bad. Wednesday i was working my normal 9-7 shift at dad's and i was so looking forward to going to bed at a decent time. and on my lunch break, i get a call from my manager at Bath and Body Works. The company sent her and email on MONDAY about the SUNDAY floor set letting us know we weren't supposed to set that....

WHAT THE HECK BATH AND BODY?

so anyway, she needed us to come in and take everything back down and set back up the last month's floor set. tonight... starting at 8. i left early from there and here it is after 1 AM and i'm just getting to bed. so much for an early night. I was supposed to work from 7-7 tomorrow... so much for that. i'm going in at 9:30. I need some sleep or this train is going to derail... i figured i would make some extra money if i went in tonight... but at 7.15 an hour does it really matter?

moral of the story... upper management in the Company of Bath and Body Works can be completely ridiculous sometimes and completely behind causing problems for all of us.

2 comments:

Kristen S said...

Hi Nikki, this is Kristen, Melissa's friend from hygiene school here in Utah. I saw your comment on Melissa's blog, and since I am a total blog junkie, I had to check yours out! I love reading other people's blogs. Sounds like you are staying busy this summer...won't it be nice to get back to school this fall? Sort of.

kristin said...

I worked the june sale for B&BW this summer. I hate that store now. They were supposed to give me more and more hours but after the sale, nada. Oh well, at least I had another job.