Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Home...

Finals are over!!! sweet! I just took my last one. i didn't do too bad this year either. I like my classes (except physics). I am so ready to go home to the good old y-city.
ZANESVILLE.
Sometimes i'm amazed at how much i can miss my home. I miss all sorts of things from that little town. Although i don't think i could live there the rest of my life, it will always be home and i will always want to go back. It's a small town with not much to do but it was calm and a happy place. It's where i grew up. I learned how to ride my bike on Johnathan Ln. I went camping at Dillon State Park with my grandparents all the time. My family currently resides across the street from this park. I went to school at Richey Elementary and loved it. I ran around the town and spent my time like all teenagers at good old Colony Square Mall and SteaknShake. There was nothing better than those summer nights running around with my friends and laughing like crazy.
Don't get me wrong, I love provo and college but for times like Christmas I can't wait to go home and see the house all decorated. That's what makes me feel like Christmas. My family and the staircase all dedcorated. My mom's nativity on top of the piano that i hope to one day have one just like it. Decorating cookies and baking up a storm. I am so excited to be going home tonight.
Sigh, I can't wait to come into Columbus to land and see nothing but flat for as far as the eye can see. Then drive the hour to Zanesville where you get into rolling hills and trees gallore. something Utah can't offer. My heart will always be in the good OHIO.

So let me hear it...
O-H...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nikki... have fun at home! Hope you have a fantabulous Christmas where no Mr. Shoveler will disturb your slumber. See you next year! (Tee Hee... it's corny, I know...)

Unknown said...

I O! ... Pretty Sure I NEED TO see you over Christmas Break! I can't believe how much I miss you... Seriously? Where has the time gone and why have I been a terrible friend! Geesh I am so Lame! Can't wait to see you back in THE OHIO

Kristen S said...

Glad you made it home ok. While you're there be sure to show Melissa how to use blogger so she can update her blog!!